Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Stinger

Just a quick cocktail recipe post here before I start getting ready for bed. It's been an especially long day, though I think that's just the sleep deprivation talking. I need some good sleep tonight so I don't get quite so ornery with the small annoyances that Sister can deal out sometimes.

This cocktail always reminds me of the brief time I lived in New Orleans at age 20. I was waiting tables at the Hotel Pavillon right outside the French Quarter. When I would get off working the dinner shift, I would wander over to the Napoleon House which was one of my 2 favorite bars. One night it was especially hot, and as I bellied up I told the bartender, "Make me something refreshing." He made me this.

Stinger

2 oz brandy
1 oz white creme de menthe (NOT the green stuff)

Stir together in an old-fashioned glass filled with crushed ice. Alternatively, you can shake it in a shaker and strain it into a chilled martini glass, but I'm one of those who loves to chomp crushed ice. Note that this is straight booze. No juice or club soda tarting things up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to turn me into an alcoholic? Oh never mind, I already am.

Sounds delicious and I am checking the clock to see if it's 5:00 yet.