Friday, December 09, 2005

Found!

Do any of you ever have those little feelings about something that might happen that turn out to be true later in the the day--you know, like knowing when someone is about to call you on the phone, that a person you haven't seen in awhile is somewhere nearby and there they are in the next store you enter, that sort of thing? I used to have that kind of thing happen to me much more often and always felt that I must have some low-level of psychic ability. Not so much in the last few years, whether because of a general state of sleep-deprivation or too much busy-ness to actually pay attention, I don't know. But this morning I woke up thinking that I should really look again for the diamond I lost out of my engagement ring a few weeks ago. It was such a strong feeling that on the way home from school this morning I was scanning the rain-filled gutters, convinced that it had been washed down from somewhere and I would find it right there at my feet. I didn't.

But I found it just now, shining up at me from its resting place on some pine needles stuck between our back sliding glass door and the beginning of the back deck. I only saw it because I hadn't had time to hang the laundry outside earlier today and was only just now getting to it. The afternoon sun hit its top facet so perfectly that it winked at me as I crossed the threshold. I feel lucky indeed today.

7 comments:

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Amazing. I hate looking for tiny objects. Nice story.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that's amazing. I have had some of those premonition-type moments before. I think maybe everyone has them, but women (and certain women in particular) are more attuned to them than others.

Ortensia Norton said...

Thank goodness you delayed that laundry:-) That is a great story. I have had moments like that too. You must have been elated to have found the diamond.

cubmommy said...

That is an amazing discovery! I am so glad you found your diamond.

Anonymous said...

I used to be able to tell when the phone was for me and often who was calling. I can't do that anymore. I hardly ever get those feelings as an adult.

Mommygoth said...

Oh, Slime - YAY!

Julie Marsh said...

Wow - so glad you found it!