Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Still here...

I haven't blogged in nearly a week, but I still exist! I AM still among the living--though just barely lately, it feels like. Bean is sick again and sleeping poorly indeed. I also just have so much going on these days. I'm not getting to bed til close to midnight, and with getting up at least a couple of times a night before waking up for the day around 6:30, I.am.wiped.out. And I can't figure out why my days are so much longer now! I mean, you'd think I was working a full-time job outside the home, but, well, I'm not. I'm still doing household chores after the kids are in bed--and I'm not talking about optional stuff like dusting and scrubbing toilets. (Um, yeah, scrubbing toilets IS optional in this household, thanks.) I'm talking about packing Sister's lunch for the next school day and folding laundry so we all have clean underwear--that sort of stuff. But maybe I should take a look at my domestic priorities. Perhaps my standards for cleanliness and orderliness have risen now that I'm staying home and see this place all the time. We can't have THAT now, can we? Oh nononononono.

Anyhow, I'm probably preaching to the choir. Or complaining to the equally domestically oppressed. Or whatever. So I'll stop my whining now. I've had a post about the I.B.T.C. simmering in my head for the past week, and maybe if I can manage to go to bed early enough tonight it will all come out in lightly amusing, crystal clear prose tomorrow.

So until then...oh, wait! 10 points for the person who can say what the I.B.T.C. is. I'll give you a hint--it was a terrible club to be in back in junior high school...

5 comments:

Amber said...

Ittie Bittie Tittie Club! Ten Points! WAHOO!!! A club I've never been part of - but would pay good money to join.

Dawn said...

There was a club for that?

And I too sugar have been falling asleep at midnight and waking at 5 a.m.

WTF, dude? I blame my aging hormones.

Piece of Work said...

Ooh, amber got it first. I was the charter member in my high school. Fun times.

Mall Worker said...

I really hope Bean feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

we called it the itty bitty titty committee. and believe it or not, i was the president in the seventh grade. i realize since you know me now, this may seem hard to believe. . . of course, that was 27 years ago.
geesh. now i'm depressed.