Saturday, May 13, 2006

Joy to the Mamas!

I want to thank all of you who offered me such kind reassurances yesterday. I know intellectually that I'm not alone in finding being a mama sometimes really, really hard, but it is SO helpful to hear it from real-live mamas out there. Thank you.

Husband informed me last night that this is Mother's Day Weekend. Granted, the context was rather raunchy and a thin excuse for what Husband hand in mind at that moment, but I'm going with it! I'm going to take the weekend off from blogging and throw my mama-weight around while I've got the chance. Ask for some things to get done around here! Sleep in! Go shopping for a bathing suit on my own! Have some tasty cocktails!

In the meantime, I hope all of you mothers out there have a lovely Mother's Day. Hope you are all showered with love and presents from your respective children and spouses. You deserve every last bit of it.

7 comments:

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Thanks and I hope you are having a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I just read your previous post -- but I'm with you, motherhood is a difficult job.

Hope you are having a lovely Mother's Day weekend.

cubmommy said...

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you have a great day!

Mommygoth said...

That sounds lovely! I want to hear all about it.

CozyMama said...

hope your day was great. I just found you thru Cubmommy. I had a mommy weekend too, it was great. Istill had to do the laundry though. :(

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sugarmama. Happy Mother's Day to you!

Stacie said...

WORST JOB EVER! But somehow we shine!!! YOU ROCK!