Monday, May 08, 2006

More want

Another thing I want: silence. I'd like maybe a half-day of silence around here. No dog hysterically barking at the growling, ferociously screaming cats. No baby yelling if I put her down. No one asking me for cookies or popsicles or yet another granola bar or more Easter candy or playing outside 30 seconds before I put dinner on the table. No one contradicting me when I answer a question put to ME, dammit. Just everyone being quiet for a little while. Maybe the windows would be open and there'd be a breeze blowing through the screens and I could hear the wind chimes out on the front porch. Like that'll happen anytime soon, but a mama can say she wants it, right?

6 comments:

Stacie said...

mmmmmm girlfriend! A million dollars probably still couldn't but that! We are Mommies... life beyond silence!

Lauren D. McKinney said...

They do eat a hell of a lot of granola bars.

Mall Worker said...

preach it!

cubmommy said...

That would be a great gift.

Dawn said...

That's what I ask for - every year. Seriously.

Mama D said...

That sounds awful nice.