What I've done so far in the past couple of days:
- Put a top dressing of composted manure on most of my flower beds.
- Planted coneflower, coreopsis, Shasta daisies, and red bee balm seeds. (Perhaps it was a couple of weeks early, but I couldn't stop myself. And anyway, seeds are cheap.)
- Re-planted 8 variegated Chinese privet shrubs that I had to relocate when we had a new wooden fence installed in our backyard.
- Relocated 2 large-leaf hydrangeas, saving them from a near-deathly dry spot next to a storage shed.
- Planted a big one of these beautiful, white Lady Banks roses to cover said storage shed and clamber up over my daughter's tree house. I can't wait to see it take over! Supposedly, it doesn't take long.
- Re-planted assorted daffodil bulbs and one lone fern. The daffodils won't bloom this year as a result, but I should have quite a nice patch come next spring.