Thursday, March 02, 2006

Could it be...?

Is it spring? Is it? I don't know about where the rest of you are, but here in Chapel Hill, NC it's 65 degrees, sunny, and breezy right now. The neighborhood is flush with blooming forsythia, quince, crocuses, and daffodils, and it all seemed to happen overnight. We've had the house open for the last couple of days (and nights!), and everything is beautifully aired out, the dark dusty corners of our rooms bright again. It's supposed to get up to 80 degrees today, which even by North Carolina standards is damn unseasonably warm. I'm not complaining, though! No! Bring on spring!

But I may be getting a sense of the answer to the question I've been wondering about in my head lately--which is going to take precedence this gardening season, blogging or planting? So far this morning, I haven't been able to bring myself to come back inside even though all I've been doing is hauling wheelbarrowsful of fallen pine straw to the curb for the compost truck to come and vacuum up. When it comes time to actually be putting plants into the ground I may have to bid a temporary adieu to blogging--or at least not worry so much about posting everyday. Maybe just when it's pouring down rain or 95 degrees outside. Which it'll likely be all too soon, I suppose.

Anyways, I ramble because at least it smells like spring and that makes me happy. Hope y'all are getting some spring your way, too.

9 comments:

Jess Riley said...

I'm trying to think spring. I'm trying really hard, but it isn't working so far.

*thinking spring some more*

Nope, it's still snowing out.


(80 degrees, you lucky gal!!!)

Rachelle said...

I want spring! It's not happening yet, but I know we are getting closer. Can't wait!

Amber said...

it's spring here!Yay!! I love the smell of spring too.

Piece of Work said...

I love spring--even in LA, where it's mostly 65 all winter, spring is nice. I'll take 75 to 80 over 65 any day.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, not so much. We had freezing rain this morning. Pure evil.

Dani said...

Oh, man am I jealous. I'm envisioning the beautiful sights you described, crocuses and daffodils...sigh... But, alas, we are buried under yet more snow. And we'll understand your taking a break to enjoy nature. I, unfortunately, have to wait a bit longer for that respite.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't spring just give you the feeling of hope?

Mama D said...

That's funny. It just snowed 18 centimeters yesterday and last night and it's snowing again. Spring is no where in sight so far. That's okay. I could make a snowman if I wanted to. I'm not going to, but the point is I COULD if I wanted. So there. ha ha.

cubmommy said...

I am jealous! Still cold here and had a little snow yesterday. I can not wait until spring the boys need to get outside.