Monday, July 02, 2007

Going, going...

Husband and I are taking the girls (and the dog) up to the mountains of Tennessee here in a few short minutes. We'll be staying in his family's extremely rustic cabin for their family reunion. I found myself trying to think through the family relationships last night, rehearsing my response when some little old lady asks me who I'm related to. I know Husband's mother was the cousin of Johnny who was the son of...damn, now I forget. But it's the kind of event where phrases like "second cousin once removed" are ubiquitous and understood by every family member there. Also, phrases like "bucket of fried chicken" and "banana pudding," which is why I'm still looking forward to it.

I'll be gone for the week and maybe without internet access depending on whether the fancy new-last-year coffee shop is still open for business this year. Hope you all have a lovely Independence Day!

2 comments:

Joan said...

Banana pudding - my brother requested my mom make that for his recent rehearsal dinner for 75 people. Good stuff. Have a great time.

Angel said...

have a great time sugar mama...and I hope to mail your package this Friday. sorry it's taken so long!