Monday, June 30, 2008

Good life

Other reasons it's great to be home:

1. A batch of chocolate covered banana-sicles made up with an enthusiastic Bean this morning.

2. A batch of chocolate chip cookies, also made with Bean's help, for our new neighbors one street over with a son Bean's age.

3. The discovery of an ENORMOUS, 3-inch long, disgusting grub in our compost pile this morning. Very exciting and totally gross!

4. The discovery that Bean, quite suddenly, knows how to draw scary monsters with her colored pencils. This thrills me. Though I do wonder where the drawings of blood come from. "'Cause monsters have blood, Mom!" she tells me as if I'm an idiot. Still, I can't help but wonder if my Bean has dark, Goth chick leanings already...

5. Oh, and the disappearance of our USB cable so that I can't post a single damn picture of any of this.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW do kids know about scary monsters??? I just don't get it. I think it's cartoons!!!!!

Joan said...

C and I just started composting. We were so excited over our bin that there is a picture on flickr. No exciting creatures yet.

Angel said...

FIND THE USB CABLE!!!!!

Mama D said...

Wouldn't surprise me if she was a goth chick in the making. :)

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Ack, what did you do about the grub? I like most bugs, but it always makes my skin crawl to pick up something and see one of those things underneath!

devilishsouthernbelle.net | email

Unknown said...

I realize you have piles of laundry to do, but dang woman, POST SOMETHING!!!!!!!!

Angel said...

Happy 4th Sugar!!!!

put down the fabric of Spoonflower and enjoy yourself today! ;)