Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beach quickie

I'm sneaking in a quick blog post here while I nurse the baby (to sleep, I hope!) and supervise Bean's settling in for a nap (which isn't looking very settled at the moment). We're all three in our shared beach house bedroom on Topsail Island, NC for our annual clan convergence. Ratio of children to adults--11:6.

It's a chocolate chip cookie snarfing, hot tub splashing, thunderous overhead porch stomping, sandy pocket emptying, no-more-than-2-sodas-a-day-please saying, giant lunch cooking, wet floor wiping, shrimp peeling, watermelon seed spitting, close-that-door! shouting, I-SAID-no-more-than-2-sodas! reminding, wet towel hanging, kid skin sunscreening kind of vacation.

Pictures to come, I hope, if I can remember where I packed that damn USB cable...

7 comments:

Angel said...

Sugar, have the BEST time at "topsel" beach!!! ;)

jealous over here, BTW!!!!

Joan said...

We will have Beth talking like a local in no time. Have a great time.

Suburban Gorgon said...

Bwah ahahahah. Sounds like fun, though!

Mama D said...

Sounds like a beachy good time! Can't wait to see some pictures.

Unknown said...

Oh, you lucky dog, you! What a great time you will all have, and how 'bout letting some Aunt, Uncle or grandparent take care of some kids while you just soak up some sun! But hey, don't get burned!

Anonymous said...

Wow....the beach sounds lovely! I'm jealous!

-dsb-

Heather said...

OMG, you totally crack me up! Lovin' the pics so far. :-)