Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My night last night

Last night went better than expected. And I wasn't expecting anything easy 'cause, I don't know about the rest of you, but evenings with no back-up from Husband tend to fill me with an inordinate amount of dread. It's kinda lonely without him after I already haven't seen him all day for one thing. And I'm often pretty tapped out by the time dinner rolls around for another thing. I NEED my dear spouse to just get the hell home some nights and take over the girls for me so I can steam the broccoli in peace.

But, as I said, last night went pretty well. Bean's behavior is on an upswing and Sister was feeling big sisterly and cooperative. It probably helped that I broke our new no-t.v.-on-weeknights restriction and let them watch a few Looney Tunes cartoons while I gave our littlest girl her bath. This baby does love a bath. When she realizes that she's naked and being carried over to the kitchen sink where we set up her bright blue tub, she catches my eye with a look of breathless anticipation on her face. And then when I ease her into the warm water, you can tell she's absolutely thrilled to be there. I can't recall if Bean liked it quite so much, and Sister I remember screaming like I was immersing her in boiling oil every.single.time for her first 6 months of life or so. It's lovely to bathe a delighted baby, no?

Anyways, wanna see something cute? It's my chicken leg little 3-month old angel, checking things out from a new vantage point after her bath and a nice massage.


Isn't she fabulous (if a bit blurry)? Her elbows have dimples!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my Gosh! She is just beautiful! And I love the look on her face! Yea, it's nice when they actually LIKE their bath time, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

man oh man, she's a cutie.
i admire your willingness to allow husband to escape the house for a night. i'm glad that the evening went well and the girls were all sweeties. Aren't those nights great?

Amber said...

She's a doll! I wish my hubby would go out more so I could feel less guilty about leaving myself. He claims he's fine with it though...

cubmommy said...

She is so cute!!! So sweet!!