Monday, September 17, 2007

Cooling off

NC had a cold front move over the weekend and we've had nights down in the 50's, allowing me to open all the house windows wide for some excellent sleeping temperatures. I almost want to dig out the down comforter, but I'm afraid to jinx it.

My nesting projects are on hold temporarily while I wait for a fabric order to arrive. At that point I'll start on a big stuffed nursing ottoman, but in the meantime I'm planning on doing some hard core weeding in the front yard garden beds. That, plus making molasses-spice cookies and miniature apple-cinnamon cupcakes for my neighborhood garden club meeting tomorrow.

And speaking of baked goods, Bean, Husband, and I enjoyed some yummy pumpkin muffins for breakfast this morning brought over by a friend this weekend. They were perfect in the cool morning house with a cup of hot chocolate for Bean and Husband and some hot ginger tea for me. I love that part of my job as mama is to supply people I love with delicious cozy things to eat and drink.

3 comments:

Mama D said...

Did I ever tell you I wish I was your neighbor?

Joan said...

Don't the cooler temperatures feel great?

Angel said...

oh pumpkin muffins...it's that time of year. I love the smell of pumpkin bread baking in the oven. Now if I could just get my oven fixed!!