Monday, April 07, 2008

Blue

I'm in one of those phases where I don't feel like I'm doing anything particularly well. The house is a mess. The garden is being taken over by last year's weeds. All the girls clamor for my attention, all day long, and I only have so much to go around. My sewing projects are stalled. I can't get to either one of my blogs lately. My weight loss is stuck. And I'm late for everything.

Oh, and my every-Wednesday-morning, weekly-spot-of-brightness babysitter's last day with us is April 30th.

I need a little something good here, y'all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ya know, I bet it's Spring Fever. It's a real, actual sickness ya know. The only way to get out of it is to have warm weather, stay outside all day doing something (like drinking marqaritas on the deck, and I'm SO sure I spelled that wrong) or just reading a book outside with your favorite music playing.

Considering I have been feeling very blue lately for absolutely no good reason at all, this is what I have also prescribed for me, once all the kids go back to their other parents house!

Angel said...

I think it's Spring Fever too...you have some beautiful weather down there, and you need to get out in it. Margaritas sound good, so does a glass of wine on that great porch of yours. Wish I was there to give you a break.. :(

Joan said...

I was in some kind of funk all last week. We haven't had sunshine for a while. I think that adds to the problem. A few things that help me though I can't say I always do them: 1)get outside asap 2)play my favorite music 3)attempt one small, non time consuming project and see it through to completion 4)start snapping pictures.

Good luck.

Mama D said...

Yep. Me too. I was looking at all the dead stuff peeking through the remainder of the snow and then at my ever growing belly wondering how I was ever going to get the flower bed looking nice in this condition. I hope you feel better soon! And I hope I'm right behind you too.

Anonymous said...

*hugs*

I am so sorry! I hope things start to level out here soon :)