I am just tired of picking up the slack these days. Everyone's shit lying all over the house that they just leave because they know I'm home all day and can clean it up for them. The dog requiring 2 full-length walks a day (plus pee breaks!) and me having to pick up his poop through a thin plastic bag while wearing the baby on my back. Running all over hell with errands out the ying-yang because I've told Husband repeatedly to let me do some things for him to lighten the load for him a bit. Dinners to cook and then dishes to wash because somehow I end up doing both now instead of our old arrangement of me-do-dinner, you-do-dishes. Stupid science night at school tonight that Sister will be begging to go to, but which is right in the middle of our dinner time and preparations for the girls' bedtimes plus it's rainy and cold. Stupid Brownie parents who STILL haven't called me to tell me when they're giving me their cookie money so that I can make a deposit by the deadline tomorrow. Everyone sucks.
Do you know, dear readers, that we have 8 creatures living in the Sugarmama household that require care? The kids are the first priority, of course, then there's Husband still dealing with his father's estate, plus this new doggie who requires some pretty intensive training and attention as we acclimate him to his new home life. I'm somewhere way down on the care hierarchy--maybe below the cats who are all but invisible in their new dog-fearing, closet-dwelling life, but slightly above the hermit crab who seems to thrive on fresh water and food given about once a week or so. I'm feeling the need for a little care at the moment, y'know?
Okay, some good things to remember though:
- My mom is taking Sister for the whole weekend, which is especially helpful because once again Husband is going to Atlanta.
- Maybe I'll see my friends on Sunday? (You know who you are.)
- I have 2 gift certificates to a day spa that total somewhere around $200, and today is the day that I will schedule those appointments so that I can have something to look forward to!
- My friend Pie Maker is coming over shortly with her cute baby boy to visit, and it will be SO nice to have an adult conversation. Maybe I'll sneak a little Cointreau into our hot chocolate.
- Also, another friend whom I haven't seen in a couple of months now is visiting on Friday. She's an older lady that I've known since I was a college student working in her vintage clothing store. You can say anything to her and she is never shocked and always sympathetic. She is a fabulous woman who's going to fill me in on all the latest town gossip and commiserate with me about Husband's dad. I can't wait.
- Husband promised me a back rub and a pushing of the mama reset button tonight. Heh. I'm looking forward to THAT, too.