Would you like to hear about some of the methods of coping I used in the last 24 hours so that I didn't become hair-ripping, clothes-rending certifiable? Sure ya do. I know every one of you has been there before.
- I scheduled my mom to come pick Sister up for a weekend with her beginning after school today. Thank.you.Mom.
- I've decided to take my own advice to Mommygoth awhile back and have not 1 but 2 gin-based cocktails at night! The first should be administered before dinner so that it goes straight to the head with no food to dilute the effect. I swear, I tried this last night because things were spiralling that far out of my control and I was suddenly the best, sweetest, most patient mama in the world! During double-bath time and half-hour late pre-dinner preparations, too! Try it, y'all. I'm serious.
- I let Bean crawl around naked after her bath just so her screams of dismay at getting dressed wouldn't ruin my gin-induced equilibrium. She still wasn't totally happy, but an extra-large, crinkly truffle wrapper and a floret of raw broccoli did the trick. Everything is novel to a baby! Naturally, I was watching her and she didn't choke.
- I've promised myself that somewhere during this weekend I will go to the fabric store and treat myself to some new and beautiful fabrics. Not because I need to start another project--though I do have one in mind--but because fabric is a really pretty inexpensive pick-me-up.
- I'm allowing myself to blog and to read others' blogs right now rather than clean the house before my friend visits. Heh. I assure you, she won't care.