Tuesday, January 03, 2006

In which we infect many of our friends with the dreaded vomiting virus

So you know how we had friends over on New Year's Day for black-eyed peas and collard greens? Husband just called to tell me--and I'm horribly embarrassed to admit it--that so far, no less than 4 of our friends have come down with the vomitting plague that we were all afflicted with during the past week. I'm mortified, feeling like this is a clear indictment of my housekeeping skills (or lack therof). Oy vey.

On the bright side, Husband has agreed that we need to bring in the professionals. I've scheduled a cleaning service to come in on Friday and give this place a thorough, bleach-y cleaning. In the meantime, we'll just not allow anyone to cross the threshold until our house is cleansed of barfing germs. What a way to celebrate...

7 comments:

cubmommy said...

I have been spraying Lysol as well. I don't want any viruses here.

Anonymous said...

Hey, don't feel bad... maybe they picked it up somewhere else? Maybe? If it's going around everywhere?

Anonymous said...

It is certainly going around everywhere. I've heard of it being in four different states now. We had it, and sadly, we missed your dinner.

Erin said...

It is not you. Everyone is sick in one way or another. Besides, isn't the point of being friends sharing everything with each other? LOL!

Hope you all are feeling better and stay well!

Lauren D. McKinney said...

Hey--the LAST time I read your blog it was about vomiting, and that was two weeks ago! Man. We've had some of that, too.

Dawn said...

oooooo. A cleaning person, and this didn't involve you giving oral sex?

I am extremely impressed. Terrance made a jambalaya that I paid for ALL THE NEXT DAY on New Years.

Sorry I haven't been around. I was in a mad funk, that had nothing to do with anyone but me.

Sugarmama said...

No, no oral sex involved! But I'll admit that I got Husband while he was feeling most vulnerable, expressing my horror at all his friends--and it was mostly HIS friends--getting sick and then thoughtfully suggesting that maybe we should just bite the bullet and hire someone so it didn't happen again. Ever the thoughtful wife am I.