So I'm finally going to break down and make some other New Year's resolutions. Things I really should do just keep nipping at my brain like little goldfish, so I should just write them down and make myself do them. These nagging little things are:
- Stop biting my nails again! I managed to stop for a year, but have started again for some reason. I feel like some neurotic little rodent, eating its own paws.
- Start exercising again! I've officially lost even the last few pounds of my pregnancy weight, but I have no muscle tone whatsoever and still look oddly lumpy in my clothes. The whole fat weighs less than muscle and therefore takes up more space phenomenon is at work on my ass and thighs at the moment.
- Go ahead and volunteer to lead Sister's Brownie troop next year. She'll be thrilled, and I could really probably use a new perspective on Sister--one where she can make decisions on her own, be responsible for herself, get along well with others, that sort of thing.
- Quit whining and just clean the bathrooms once in awhile already! I loathe cleaning the house, and the bathrooms in particular. But I need to just buck up and accept that being a stay-at-home mom means that the housework logically falls most heavily on me. I DO have the time. Here I sit, after all, with plenty of time for blogging.
- Keep my old-fashioned paper-and-pen journal in addition to blogging. The 2 are not the same, though I initially thought they would be.
- Get more sleep. Go to bed closer to 10:00 rather than 11:00 or 12:00. That way, I might have more energy for sex and conversations with my all-suffering spouse, and I would certainly be less grumpy and less prone to getting sick.
Now, off to do some abdominal crunches or something.