Good news on the house-selling front! The agent-less couple called last night and want to make an offer on the house. They're unsure whether they should hire an agent, though, to help them navigate the paperwork, and then there are their finances to consider. Husband and I are going out of town and told them to take their time and talk to us when we get back on Tuesday. So basically they've offered to make an offer and it hasn't happened yet, but it is heartening to think that this may all be over soon.
Husband emailed the Boston couple last night to let them know the situation, and they're all in a panic now. They're going to try to fly down on Saturday so they can see it and determine whether it really is the house of their dreams, as they seem to believe it is from the photos. They want the chance to put in an offer before the couple on Tuesday. Competition is very, very good in this case. I'm beginning to have visions of getting more than our asking price if these two get into a little bidding war--something that has happened a couple of times in our neighborhood recently.
I'm feeling like I can idle today with the pressure off a little. Maybe it's premature to kick back, but dammit, this house is immaculate! I've got a novel to read during Bean's naptime, and after she wakes up and has lunch it's off to the pool with us. There's another showing scheduled during our dinner time, so Husband and I have already decided to eat out tonight. It's going to be a good, relaxing day.