Saturday, June 03, 2006

New house

It's done. We're buying a new house as of July 14th. WE'RE BUYING A NEW HOUSE. It still hasn't quite sunk in yet.

We met with the wife of the neighbor couple last night at the house. Her husband had already left town, so it was just us 3 at the table with all the kids running and yelling around us. Negotiations were short and easy, and it was all very painless. We signed a contract. We wrote a check for earnest money.

And then we walked around the block to our own house and I suddenly felt very freaked out and sad. "What are we thinking?" I demanded of Husband. "I love this house! This is a great house! It's been good to us! What has it ever done to us? We're hurting its feelings!" I went on stupidly. Sigh. Of course it will eventually be fine, but this IS a wonderful house. It will be hard to leave it, even if we are just moving around the corner.

In the meantime, there is so much for us to do in the 6 weeks that we have before closing! I'm feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment, and I suspect that starting a list of what we need to do after I post this is just going to make it worse rather than better.

10 comments:

Mall Worker said...

Yay for the new house! Boo for all of the nasty up comping work!

Amber said...

YAY!! I think that's the easiest house buying/selling I've ever read about!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! very exciting! i look forward to christening the new digs. i mean, let's face it, you're gonna need a drink and all. . . lemme know how i can help.
with the moving.
or the drink.
whichever.

Dawn said...

HOLY SHIT.

May I suggest the new "Peels" drinks available in the grocery store? Mmmmm.Will make moving less painless.

Mama D said...

Deep breaths... Your house has been good to you. And it will be good to someone else too. And your new house will be a brand new wonderful adventure. Focus on the positive. Good luck with all the work that you will be doing in preparation for the move.

beth said...

Congratulations on a new house! I just did a move so I don't envy that part. But remember that soon it will all be done. Just write things down as you think of them. That way you won't have to keep them in your brain and worry about forgetting.

cubmommy said...

Congrats on the new house!!! Just think of all the new memories you will make in it and from what you said of the kitchen I think you will be really happy there.

devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

Wow, congrats on the new house! I know I haven't been around much...what prompted the move? Still, how exciting! Even with all the work that'll have to be done.

Suzanne said...

Congrats! And good luck in the next few weeks.

"Grandi" said...

You are going to have so much fun in that wonderful new kitchen!! And just think of all the neat things you will be planting in your garden! Congrats!!