Monday, May 14, 2007

It's a nice evening here at the cave

Sometimes we have lovely, peaceful nights like this at home. The girls are sweet and funny and full of amazement at the world. Husband is contentedly working on his pond project in the backyard. The frogs are croaking in the trees and among the rocks. The house is clean and airy. I hear neighbors' voices rising and falling intermittently because it's the perfect temperature to have the windows open in the house. And I baked a very delicious chocolate cake with chocolate icing today. The cake is moist and the icing is very sweet, but it has lots of toasted pecans stirred into it to temper the sweetness a bit. I'm going to have some soon. A second piece, actually.

I love these times when they happen, and they seem to have been in short supply lately.

4 comments:

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

Ah, this is such a sweet post. Literally and figuratively! It makes me wish that I could bake, and that if I could bake, I could then sit here and eat the whole cake without gaining an ounce!

Thanks for stopping by Manic's again. I think we all unintentionally get busy with real stuff and forget about blogs we enjoy. I'm guilty of that right here! : )

Joan said...

I want cake. Glad you had a nice time.

Angel said...

oh man, I love those times. And they are in short supply too. But I think I love them all the more when they DO happen.

My daughter wants to live in Raleigh and will work about 10-15 mins from Raleigh but I'm not sure where yet. Near you? :)

Mama D said...

That sounds so nice. Especially the cake! ;)