But the measuring out of ingredients made me realize that I had not yet lived up to my promise on Friday to post my cocktail party menu from last weekend. I don't feel up to actually posting recipes just now, but let me know if you'd like to see some. So here it is, for your perusing pleasure.
Little snacky type things:
- Marinated olives
- Tamari roasted almonds
- Chili spiced pecans
- Puff pastry parmesan cheesestraws
- Platter of assorted cheeses, quince paste (to go with the Manchego), and crackers
- Wild mushroom pate with little toasts and almond crackers
- Platter of roasted beets and asparagus, and endive leaves with aioli
- Caramelized shallot and blue cheese dip with roasted potato wedges (a.k.a., oven fries)
- Hot pepper and smoked mozzarella empanadas with avocado relish
- Marinated sheep's milk feta, orange, and mint skewers
- Beef and mint skewers with Thai dipping sauce
- Tandoori shrimp skewers
- Chicken with peanut sauce and scallions in phyllo cups
That's it! Gotta run because Husband's trying to get me to watch a movie with him. This weekend's been incredibly busy for both of us and finally we're getting a little time together here if I could just...tear...myself away...from this keyboard...