But here's my current week in brief before Bean wakes up:
- I'm beginning to slowly wean Bean. Last night I officially ended her final evening feeding, the one that she wakes at 10:30 or 11:00 for and definitely does NOT need. I had been shortening this feeding for the past week til it was down to just a couple of minutes. Nevertheless, nixing it altogether made Bean very sad indeed, and she cried off and on from 10:30 til midnight. Hopefully tonight will go better.
- I'm in the process of making a wedding cake for a friend getting married this weekend. It's her second wedding and it's to serve only 50 people, so it's not too big. Still, though, it's keeping me busy. The bottom and top tiers are going to be chocolate-almond torte filled with chocolate-rum ganache. The middle tier will be orange pound cake filled with both lemon and lime curds and rum buttercream piped in such a way that it will be fetchingly stripey when it's cut into. I'm frosting the whole thing with rum buttercream and decorating it with a whole mess of edible fresh flowers. It should be fun, and I'll definitely take pictures of it to share.
- We've rescheduled our yard sale for this weekend! In fact, we're having it on the same day that I need to have the wedding cake done, so THAT should be fun. Hopefully the crazies won't call me again. And I guess I need to get around to pricing things, but I don't dare til Husband goes through all the boxes and gets his chance to tell me, "But you can't sell that! I like that! We need that!" This will annoy me, but I'll try not to be TOO much of a heartless hard-ass.
- I need to get out into the yard and turn over the dirt in the little garden space I'm allowing Sister to plant all on her own this year. I say "little," but in fact this space is pretty big. I'd say about 12 feet by 6 feet or so? Have I mentioned that doing any kind of soil-amending in our yard is both necessary and back-breaking? It's solid clay, I tell ya. A neighbor of ours once dug up a chunk of clay so pure in her yard that a potter friend threw a pot and fired it in a kiln without it exploding! In case you don't know, that is some serious clay.
- What else, you ask? Isn't that enough?! Jeez, y'all...